Kay Marie Porterfield’s Manuscript Critiquing Services
Are you are getting too many form rejection slips from editors? Do you sense that your writing is not as well crafted as you want it to be? Do you want to improve your chances of being published?
If you’re serious about your work, maybe it’s time to ask for a second opinion from a seasoned professional.
- Gain an honest and sensitive appraisal of the strengths and weaknesses of your stories, novels, essays, articles and book proposals.
- Find out how to make your work more marketable by cutting and adding material.
- Learn how to fix your mistakes and turn your manuscripts into polished and compelling prose that editors will take seriously.
A winner of a Colorado Book Award and an Artist’s Fellowship in creative non-fiction from the Colorado Council on the Arts, I have been writing for publication since 1977. My nonfiction has appeared in Cosmopolitan, Working Woman, Woman’s World and a number of other national publications. My fiction has been published in Redbook. I am the author of 14 published non-fiction books.
In addition I have edited two anthologies for Crossing Press. My personal essays appear regularly in The Sun and have also been published in the MacGuffin, Anna’s House, the Vermillion Literary Project and other literary publications. They have been anthologized in three books released by major publishers.
Read more about my
Seventeen years of teaching article and fiction writing at the college level and through adult community classes have given me a solid understanding of how to provide feedback and communicate positive suggestions in a way that empowers emerging writers to write to their full potential.
The investment for my services is:
- $50 basic fee for a double-spaced manuscript of from one to 20 pages
- $1.50 per each double spaced page for manuscripts over 20 pages
- Fees for book-length projects are negotiable